The Evolution of Track & Field Stormwater Management
- Vertical-to-Horizontal Drainage Applications: Poorly draining soils, expansive clay and contaminated soil sites are typical V-to-H applications for the Terminator System. Create a completely self-contained, engineered drainage envelope for ALL of the storm water on a track and synthetic turf field with the use of Terminator and a horizontally draining shock pad placed over an impervious liner. Rainwater that passes through the turf enters the drainage pad channels. The channels are oriented down the cross slope toward the sidelines, where storm water drains directly into the XT-8 collector. The 8” PVC pipe carries the water to the catch basins where it is directed to the designed outfall or storage system. All storm water collection takes place just below the field surface and poorly draining soils are isolated.
- Traditional Vertical Drainage Applications: In traditional stone-based drainage design, Terminator replaces the grated or slot drain as the track drainage system. In addition, it is an “insurance policy” for the field drainage, providing a back-up to panel drains and stone during large rainfall events. Thirdly, it provides an attachment point for the turf thereby eliminating a separate turf nailer curb. The result is aesthetically pleasing – no visible grates, and safe – no elevation changes that create tripping hazards. The 8” pipe makes it the highest capacity sports drain in the industry.
Terminator™ - Guaranteed performance every time, under any conditions.
- Enhances the appearance and safety of the project
- Handles any storm water event
- Eliminates tripping hazards
- Reduces construction and material costs
- Takes the guesswork out of field drainage design and construction
Eliminate Drainage Stone & Panel Drains
Replace dynamic stone and panel drain base systems and reduce materials transportation costs, especially in areas where the right stone is far from the job site. Avoid the problem of stone that doesn’t meet specification. Aggregate shape and geologically weak mineral content can compromise drainage performance. Overworked materials can make matters worse.
Eliminate or Minimize Collector Pipe Trenches
Eliminate the cost of buried collector pipe, filter fabric, stone, excavation and backfill. No more low spots resulting from poorly compacted and settling trenches at the edge of the field.
No Need for Synthetic Turf Nailers
No more embedded wooden or plastic nailer or formed concrete ledge to build. TERMINATOR provides an integral turf attachment “tuck slot”, complete with a nylon rope wedge.
Ideal for Challenging Site Conditions
TERMINATOR offers an option for complicated site conditions such as inferior, inconsistent or even expansive soils. No need to strip and replace sub-grade materials that won’t drain. And it’s the perfect solution for high groundwater tables.
Less excavation, soil displacement and imported materials equals less environmental disturbance, lower transportation costs and less pollution.